- Formulates investment strategies for the Extra Space Group.
- Able to execute investment / divestment deals independently and in teams, including strategy, marketing, due diligence, financial modelling, feasibility studies and pricing, investment proposal, structuring, negotiation on key terms and investment approval etc to enhance value, optimize options / structure including funding mix and ensure tax efficiencies.
- Market Research – Market research and intelligence, including keeping current on competitive and regulatory landscape and best practices.
- Tax and capital structuring – Leads tax and capital structuring with legal and tax advisors on investments activities.
- Documentation – Leads and guides document preparation and completion for all investment activities, in collaboration with legal counsel and advisors.
- Prepares investment committee/board memorandums to the relevant management bodies for approval of investments.
- Deal sourcing and origination – Assists in securing pipeline assets.
- Capital Raising – 3rd party private capital raising including preparation of marketing materials.
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Commerce, Real Estate or related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience with real estate funds, acquired in financial institutions, real estate companies or related investment firms.
- Proven track record in investment management.
- Strong team leader who is comfortable with matrix reporting and coordinating across various stakeholders and teams.
- Knowledge of legal and compliance framework for fund management in Singapore and in key overseas jurisdictions would be an added advantage.
- Possesses strong analytical and financial skills. Numerically competent and able to independently develop complex financial models and yet convert the numbers into useful visual information to enable management to make decisions.
- Business proficiency in English and Mandarin. Other languages a plus as candidate will helm negotiations with stakeholders in the Asia Pacific region.
- Able to travel in Asia as and when necessary.